Advanced Open Water Diver Course
The Adventures in Diving program offers both the Adventure Diver and Advanced Open Water Diver certifications. You need to complete any three adventure dives to earn your PADI Adventure Diver certification. If you complete your Deep Adventure Dive, Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive and 3 Adventure Dives for a total of five, you can earn your Advanced Open Water Diver certification. You may be able to get college credit for this course!
WHY ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER?
After your five dives, you’ll be more experienced, feel more comfortable in the water and simply enjoy diving more because you better understand the underwater environment. The Urban Dive Centre Advanced Open Water Course has 1 class sessions and one orientation session. The home study and simple knowledge reviews make the bookwork easy. The course is mainly focused on the adventure dives that you choose to experience with your Instructor.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED TO START?
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 15 (12 for PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
WHAT WILL I DO?
This certification includes five Adventure Dives, including the Deep Adventure Dive, the Underwater Navigator Adventure Dive and three of the following:
- Altitude Diver
- Boat Diver
- Drift Diver
- Deep Diver
- Dry Suit Diver
- Multilevel Diver
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Videographer
- Underwater Photographer
- Underwater Navigator
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Wreck Diver
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
- You can complete the training in one weekend, or over two Saturdays or Sundays
- Minimum Open Water Training: five dives over two days
- PADI eLearning option is available - take classroom online at your own pace.
WHAT IS THE URBAN DIVE CENTRE SPECIAL ADVANCED COURSE?
- Urban Dive Centre offers the advanced course with an Enriched Air Specialty Certification as well, Extra certification and cost.
- Urban Dive Centre offers this course on the coast of KZN in Sodwana Bay, a World Heritage Site, so just kick back and relax. Let us enhance your diving experience with some of the best dives South Africa has to offer.
WHAT WILL I NEED?
- Purchase Course & PIC Certification Card
- Adventures in Diving Crew-Pak, or MultiMedia Crew-Pak.
- Log Book
- Compass (Provided)
- Data Carrier Slates
- Knife (Can Be provided)
- Underwater light and glow stick if doing a night dive
- Rentals are available for 1/2 price